Rules and Regulations:
‘Buy Local’ Concert Series
RULES AND REGULATIONS: STAR POW-R ‘Buy Local’ Concert Series in the category of Digital Street Festivals
The ‘Buy Local’ Concert Series is a series of Digital Street Festivals that showcases the talent of performers in music. These online concerts will be happening across Ontario, Canada, and expanding to other countries and jurisdictions, based on the interest of the various constituents in other communities. It is open to any person/s who are pursuing a career, education, training or vocation in the music industry. Preference will go to those who live/work in the jurisdiction and/or community that is supporting the particular event. If participants are part of a group performance, at least one member should be from the relevant jurisdiction and/or community. The following outlines the Rules and Regulations:
- Applicants must be at least 3 years of age; however, all of those under 18 require parental/guardian approval.
- There is no entry fee.
- Based on revenue received for the promotion of local businesses, the performing artists will receive compensation for their performance.
- Video Submission and registration are due NO LATER THAN 2 weeks prior to the ‘Buy Local’ Concert for which you will be performing in.
- In the submission, you can send in a new video, or choose from a previous video.
- You MUST send in a minimum 1-minute video clip of you performing LIVE, without any auto-tuning or mixing/mastering of your voice. Along with showing off your vocal chops, the video should show your Star Pow-R!! Use www.wetransfer.
com (the free version) to send us the video. Email it to us at email@example.com
- By submitting this video, you authorize Star Pow-R to place this video onto our YouTube channel or utilize it in other marketing initiatives.
- At some point after the performance, we will post a copy of your Concert performance on our Star Pow-R YouTube account, along with other performers from your city/community.
- Those who have been chosen to perform will also be listed on our website, in social media and potentially promoted via email blasts.
- There will be limits placed on voices or synthesized vocal utterance in tracks. These may be used for accompaniment by performers in the vocal performances, but cannot be the main part of your act. This includes recorded live voices and voices that are produced and recorded synthetically (i.e., synthesizers or digitally sampled).
- Songs adding up to a maxium of 6 minutes must be prepared for your Concert performance.
- There are three ways to perform the songs 1) instrumental track, 2) with instruments or 3) acapella.
- Songs can be by any artist and from any genre (pop, rock, R&B, hip-hop, alternative, Latin, country, blues, indie, rap, etc.), both originals and covers; we recommend you do one of each.
- In the vocal and/or instrumental performance, any combination of vocal and/or instrumental performance will be accepted, including bands with or without vocals.
- This is a family friendly event. Performances must be tasteful. All performers must perform with appropriateness, including no profanity; and appropriate clothing required.
- Star Pow-R, and any of its participants, employees, directors, or affiliates are not responsible for theft/damage or injury of any kind, to persons or instruments, props, clothing, etc., during, before or after the performance.
- During the event , the organizers reserve the right of final decision on any matters pertaining to the show not covered by the rules.
- All decisions by Star Pow-R regarding the Concert are final.
I agree that I, and not the “Star Pow-R” show & coordinators, am responsible for my safety while I participate in the Concert and for the costs resulting from any injury I may suffer from this project. I hereby release the “Star Pow-R” Show and/or its volunteers and sponsors, related organizers and any or all persons connected with these online Concerts from all liability for any injuries or damages incurred as a result of my participation in this Concert. This release extends to all claims of every kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown. I agree that I, and not the “Star Pow-R” Concert/show, am responsible for my own belongings, equipment, props and any other personal items while I participate. I release Star Pow-R of any responsibility for any damaged or lost items while participating in “Star Pow-R” show event. I, the above signed, being over the age of eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal guardian or parent of the minor listed in the application), grant forever to Star Pow-R, its agents, licensees, assigns, clients, and successors in interest, the right to use my photograph or likeness in original or altered form, with or without my name, for all broadcast or publication, including all reproductions thereof, any statements made by me on radio, television, or other media, and whether or not such likeness or statement is used in connection with any commercial purposes. I hereby release any claims of copyright, libel, slander, violation of privacy or similar rights, which I may have.
- Each time you use the Site, these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms (defined below) then posted apply so you should check back each time you return for any updates.
- If you are a minor between the ages of 3 and 17 and wish to participate in a Concert featured on this Site (and if such program accepts candidates in that age group), you must ask your parent or legal guardian to apply as a participant on the Site.
- You may only use the Content (defined below) on the Site in connection with your permitted activities on the Site and not in an offline environment or in connection with another site or service (Section 1 and Section 3). You grant us a broad license to content you submit or post (Section 2).
- Many types of disputes that may arise in connection with your access to and use of the Site are subject to mandatory arbitration – which includes your waiver of a right to a jury trial (Section 8).
- We are providing the Site to you on an “as-is” basis, without any warranty of any kind, and our liability to you in connection with your use of the Site is very limited. Many other limitations and disclaimers relate to your use of the Site (Section 9 and Section 10).